Is it time to replace your furnace?
Most residential heating systems will last 10 to 15 years with regular maintenance. As the system gets older, you may want to start thinking about a plan on replacing your home furnace.
In addition to the system’s age, here are some other things that you should be considering when it comes to your home’s furnace.
Signs It Could Be Time For Furnace Replacement:
- Pilot Light Keeps Going Out- There are many reasons why the pilot light on your gas furnace may not stay on. The thermocouple that monitors the pilot light and shuts it of when something is wrong may have gone bad. When it goes bad, it will then just randomly shut the pilot light off. This can be easily replaced by one of our certified technicians. There could be problems with residue on the gas nozzles. They can become clogged, causing the furnace’s heating cycle to run incorrectly and not produce the correct amount of heat for your home. If the issue persists with the pilot light even after the related hardware has been replaced or checked thoroughly, then a new furnace may be needed.
- Failure of the Blower Motor– The blower motor moves air through the ductwork and distributes it throughout the home. If the blower motor fails, then none of the heated air will flow through the home. Replacement of blower motor could range anywhere from $400 to $1000 depending on the furnace model. If you compare the cost of a new blower motor with replacing the furnace and the benefits that a new system brings, you could save money in the long run by replacing your furnace right away. The new furnaces have up-to-date features like variable-speed blower motors to improve heating efficiency. You may even be able to get a special incentive, rebate, or tax breaks for installing the new system.
More Signs It Could Be Time To Replace Your Furnace:
- The Heat Exchanger is Damaged- The heat exchanger prevents carbon monoxide and other exhaust gases from seeping into your home. It removes the dangerous gases through an attached exhaust vent. If the heat exchanger is cracked or damaged, these gases can freely disperse into the ductwork and around the home. It can be expensive to replace a heat exchanger. With prices of $2000 or more, you may want to consider a new, energy-efficient furnace. The costs are very similar.
- Circuit Board Needs to be Replaced- Circuit boards control a wide range of things inside your furnace. They send and receive signals from the thermostat and maintain the functions of the furnace. If one of them goes bad, then the furnace may operate incorrectly. Replacement of new circuit boards could run upwards of $1200. When considering if you should replace the board or the furnace, determine the age of the furnace.
- Maintenance and Repair Costs are Rising- If you are replacing parts, hardware, and components because your system is breaking down all the time, it may be time to replace your furnace. Replacement with a new furnace would be less expensive over time and give you peace of mind knowing that your system will function properly and be reliable.
- Are you Getting your AC Replaced- Are you replacing your AC System? It may be an excellent time to go ahead and get the furnace replaced as well. Even though some AC units are compatible with your furnace, they will not always be perfectly matched and can prevent you from taking advantage of all the energy-saving features found on your new AC.
Could Be Time To Replace Your Furnace:
- Lower Your Bills- Of course, you will save money when you replace your furnace with a modern, more energy-efficient system. According to Energy Star, you could save as much as $1200 in heating costs.
- You are not Comfortable in Your Home- When your furnace gets older, it cannot maintain the temperature in your home. Some rooms may get warmer than others, and some rooms may be chilly. This may cause your system to run longer, reducing your energy savings. You could also have a furnace that is sized incorrectly for your home. If it’s too small, then it will not heat properly. It will run longer intervals and shorten its lifespan.
- Selling Your Home- Replacing an older system in a home before selling it can increase the home’s value. It’s a great selling point for potential buyers.
- Latest Technologies- Take advantage of new smart technology. The new technology can help reduce energy consumption. It also allows you to control the system remotely.
Contact Us- Air Control Heating and Air
For additional information on replacing your furnace or any other component of your home comfort system, call Air Control Heating and Air or go online and schedule an appointment for a free replacement quote. Air Control is North Atlanta’s best choice for heating and air conditioning replacement, repair, and maintenance.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!